Spreading Yourself Too Thin

No one likes to say no to a really great opportunity. I know it is really hard to pass up an appearance that would promote your platform or the International Pageant system. However, sometimes you just have to say no.

Lately I have had a lot of amazing opportunities arise that of course all fell on the same weekend. I figured out how I could make some of the events work, but I had to decline some offers as well. I knew that if I completely overloaded myself I would not be able to perform my best at it all.

It is so important to keep yourself from being spread really thin on a regular basis. It isn't about the number of appearances you attend, it is about the quality level at which you perform at them that counts.

Focus on having the most impact you can have at each thing you do. I promise you'll have a much stronger impact than you will if you run yourself down and only give a partial effort at too many things. Don’t forget to save some time for yourself to relax and spend time with family and friends!

If you work hard and have fun I know you will each have an extremely strong global impact!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts