Balancing Appearances and Prep


One of the most challenging things about being one of our state/area/national titleholders is balancing your time leading up to the International Pageants. I know it was a struggle for me deciding how much time to put into preparing for the competition and how much to put into appearances.

Making a million appearances isn't extremely helpful at the International Pageant if a contestant hasn't perfected her modeling and speaking skills, but being fully prepared for the phases of competition is not a great advantage if the judges have not seen a queen at events throughout her reign either. So what is the “happy medium?”


This can vary some from contestant to contestant, but overall it should probably be approximately equal. Leading up to the pageant I averaged about two appearances a week. I was also developing my speaking skills for interview multiple times a week, working out a few times a week, and walking in heels for a little bit each day. On top of this I was updating my blog on the appearances I made and documenting them on social media. My time was split pretty evenly between the two.

I believe this is one of the hardest parts about competing in the Mrs., Miss, or Teen International Pageant. It is very easy to put a lot of time into one of these features and not focus on the other enough. However, being a well-rounded contestant can set you apart from other competitors.

I highly recommend analyzing yourself as a contestant to discover what you particularly need to focus on and decide where your time really needs to be spent. Our sponsors are ready to help you with your modeling, speaking, fitness, paperwork, and branding!

Make the most of these next few months because they go REALLY fast! Good luck, sisters!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts