Pageant Nails


As you’re getting ready to compete I’m sure you’re thinking of every small detail from head to toe. Getting your nails done definitely falls somewhere on your to-do list before you leave for competition. When you head to the salon, remember who is going to notice your nails.

I once made the mistake of getting the tips of my nails colored to match my gown... which was purple! Yikes. At the time I thought it was “cute” and I know now that cute is not what I should have been going for. Trust me when I say that as I looked back at my headshot (where I’m slightly resting my hand to my cheek), I wished I had gone with a more simple and elegant look. Although this was long ago, I write this blog so you don’t make a similar fashion faux pas with your mani/pedi.

Nationals is not the time to paint on your favorite color or have flashy nails. The safest bet is to aim for classy. A neutral pink, nude or French-tip is always safe. Although they may not be seen from stage, your nails will be seen in photographs and likely in the interview room. Especially in interview you do not want anything that will draw the attention away from what you are talking about.

When it comes to length, I suggest going for a shorter nail because they are often less likely to chip. But just to be extra safe, pack a nail file.

One last tip:

See if a salon will sponsor your nails. They may only sponsor one service before competition or they may sponsor you during your entire year if you agree to promote their business. Be resourceful!

In health and happiness,

Kelsey
Miss International 2017

Comments

Popular Posts