Fashion's Night Out

Fashion’s Night Out in DC was quite the VIP experience!! Our driver for the night – the fabulous Les – came to pick me up at my apartment & whisked me away to meet Juliana and her mom at our first stop – the Keith Lipert Gallery on M Street. I didn’t want to leave! I don’t know if it was the incredibly warm & welcoming staff or the fabulously extravagant jewelry, but something about it felt like home!




There were even members of the press there to see Miss & Miss Teen International! We were definitely celebrities. We had our picture & information taken by lots of different magazines and newspapers. Not only did we get to share information about the International System, but I got some job contacts!! Just another perk of my crown & banner!


Next, Les drove us over to a fashion show benefiting Cause, which is an organization that helps America’s military wounded.


Juliana & I got to speak with some of the models before they went down their oh so hard runway – stairs! Eeek. Every pageant girl knows stairs are hard to master!


To find out more information about Cause, please visit their website.

Next, we went around to a few more stores on M Street taking pictures with fans along the way. It was a great night for Fashion! The streets were packed, so it definitely served its purpose of stimulating our economy!!

We closed our glamorous night out with a wonderful dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill by the White House. It’s a historic restaurant that has been a part of the Washington, DC community since 1856. The atmosphere was great, but there were two things about that dinner that I liked best. The first was meeting the General Manager, Christian. Juliana had done some work with the restaurant before, and Christian was a HUGE supporter of Juliana and her platform. It was so wonderful to see how excited he was for her winning the Miss Teen International title. He loved having us there, and of course invited us back whenever we wanted – no waiting, crab cakes on him!

 
My second favorite part of the dinner was getting to chat with Juliana. It just reiterated to me what a wonderful little sister I have in this system! I learned why she supports her platform & definitely see why the judges thought she would be a good representative. She is so much fun! I am excited that we live so close and will able to do appearances together. I couldn’t have asked for it to work out any better!
 
 
Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts