Visit to the Alive! House Child Development Center


On Monday, August 23rd, I visited the Alive! House Child Development Center in Alexandria, VA. I was especially excited for this appearance because it was a return visit. I visited with the children of Alive! as Miss Teen DC International last year and spoke with them about living a healthy lifestyle, as well as donating books to their library and reading stories to them.

Last holiday season, I conducted a toy drive for the children of the Alive! House and the children were so sweet and appreciative that I promised I would be back to visit them! On August 23rd, I visited with the director, Pam who told me that they have just implemented a new curriculum called “Color Me Healthy”- what a perfect pairing with my platform!


I visited with the children and spoke with them about ways they could make their lives healthier every day.


They were so excited to “win” an Alliance for a Healthier Generation sticker for each healthy idea they shared that they came up with more ideas than any group of children I’ve spoken with ever has - even though they were the youngest group I’ve spoken with!


I also donated some children’s books for their library and read them a story.


The Alive! House children and staff are always so warm and welcoming that I truly look forward to my visits with them!


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts