“Umm… Emergency!” - Your Kit to the Crown


I am a planner. Type A when it comes to pageants.

I took my journey to the job of Miss International very seriously! You all have heard me say it before… prepare for the job - not just the crowning moment. The fun (and nerve-wrecking) part of pageants is that you never know what can happen. You have just moments backstage to look your best as you change in and out of your various looks. On finals night, you have less than 5 minutes to get back to the stage after each phase of competition. There is no space for “Hmm, how do I fix that?” or “AHHH - IT BROKE!”

As state pageants approach, I wanted to give you all insight as to what my backstage emergency kit looks like. This kit is comprised of items that I could not go pageant week or backstage without. I’ve been in this industry for 15 years and learned about these items the hard way!
  • Band-Aids
  • Double Sided Tape
  • Duct Tape (just trust me)
  • Super Glue
  • Water Bottle
  • Snack Bar
  • Headphones
  • Bible
  • Shout Pens and Wipes
  • Baby Wipes
  • Gloves (to wear when you put on your white wardrobe)
  • Body Deodorant 
  • Phone Charger
  • Ear Plugs
  • Make-Up Bag
  • Curler
  • Straightener
  • Small Magnified Mirror
  • Tweezers
  • Nail Clippers
  • Teasing Brush
  • Hair Tie
  • Bobby Pins
  • Earring Backs
  • Sticky Boobs
  • Lip Gloss (easily accessible) 
  • Small Hand Fan
  • Sharpie
  • Labels(for all your things)
  • Vaseline 

With these items in your Emergency Bag, you are ready for the job of Miss International and whatever situations may occur backstage! Be creative with your bag - it can be as simple as a ziplock baggie or even something nicer!

I encourage you to pack extra items you may think of and share them below. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts