The Idaho Potato Drop


I hope everyone had a great and safe New Years! I spent my New Year Eve with some of the Idaho titleholders and future contestants. We all have heard of New York's huge “Ball Drop” for New Years, but a potato? Well in Idaho, they drop a potato instead. Boise’s Capitol Park was filled with volunteers, vendors, and heated tents. While we were waiting we took the time to admire the Capitol Christmas Tree as well as many other attractions.




One of the other attractions was the Big Idaho Potato Truck. I know I have talked about it before. The truck works alongside the American Heart Association to try to encourage people to make heart healthy eating choices. It is always great to meet and see the old and new staff that care about the same cause as I do. We were also able to meet Spuddy Buddy, the Idaho Potato Mascot and, Joe Vandal, The University of Idaho Mascot.


Between meeting and talking to adorable kids and dancing with my pageant sisters to stay warm, my New Years Eve was a success! I hope everyone has an amazing 2017, God has great plans for every single one of you.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."
-Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts