Family Vacation To Hawaii


It is always important the spend time with your family! Every year my parents take a trip to Hawaii for their anniversary. This year they decided to let me tag along! I am always up for adventures so I was determined to check something off of my bucket list while I was there. Here is a short summary of what I was able to do while in Maui.


I spent a lot of my time relaxing on the beach and trying to get a tan. Later I decided to become a little more adventurous and scuba dive! Scuba diving had been on my bucket list forever but, I was always to scared to try it. My dad finally talked me into going, so we woke up early that next morning for our lesson.


We started in the pool to learn the basic techniques we needed to know. Then we headed for the ocean, when we first began I was really nervous. It takes a while to adjust your breathing. Once I relaxed, I would rate it one of the top experiences of my life. There is something that oddly calmed me down about being in what seemed like a different world. I now added a new item to my bucket list… get my Scuba Diving License. Another different love of mine is surfing. I first surfed in California but I always wanted to surf in Hawaii. The water is warmer and the waves allow you to stay up longer! This means a lot because paddling kills your arms. I don't know how the professionals do it?!


I had a great time in Maui, hopefully I can go back soon. Aloha!


"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."
-Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts