AHA Richmond

During my trip to Virginia I stopped in Richmond at the Mid-Atlantic Affiliate of the American Heart Association to visit with Development Director, Lauren Schingh. I learned so much about events they have done and are planning to do to raise money for AHA. I was informed about some of the annual fundraisers they do in the area, like a fashion show featuring women who survived Heart Disease.


She gave me a big bag of American Heart Association goodies, including notepads, magazines, journals, pens, heart healthy recipes, and even fun facts about heart health. Did you know that you can spot a stroke fast by using “F.A.S.T,” Face, Arm, Speech, Time. Lauren gave me a lot of great ideas that I want to bring to the Arkansas Chapter of AHA. Thanks, American Heart Association - Richmond for your time and effort to fight Heart Disease as well as for my treats! It has been an honor to be a spokesperson this year for American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women.



“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible.” -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts