Countdown to the Crown


We are getting closer and closer to crowning a new Mrs. International! My reign has absolutely flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was arriving in Jacksonville for a week of uncertainty. I had no clue what to expect, but by the end of the week I had made so many new friends and had the most fun! Win or lose it was the time of my life. I really wasn’t tired by the end of the day because I was so full of energy and excitement. Don’t get me wrong, the days are packed and long, but because I was genuinely excited just to be there I think my adrenaline got me through it.

I’m sure you all are finalizing your wardrobe and accessories for competition week. I know you are all working on your fitness and eating right, or at least better. Looking good is a big part of the week, but what is most important is your platform. Have you been working it? Have you been practicing your interview questions? Have you been making appearances or have you put those on the back burner?

I can promise you that the evening gown and fitness portion won’t win you the crown. While it will help boost your scores, you will get the majority of your score from your personal interview as well as the on stage question portions. Speaking of on stage portion, please make sure that you know what you are going to say for your 30 (ahem 27) second blurb on your platform. Waiting to figure it out until you get to competition week is NOT a good idea. You don’t have the time then and winging it is never a good idea. Also, listening to other contestants and stealing their words isn’t a smart move. Also, make sure your answer for the actual question doesn’t go over the allotted 30 seconds either because points will be deducted.

Preparing yourself to be the most well rounded contestant is a smart move. Give each area of competition the same amount of effort, but let’s face it we all lack in one area and exceed more in others. For me, I knew my weakest area was going to be interview because I had so many things I wanted to say. I needed to focus on the important things and make sure I left a lasting impression. I wanted the judges to know I was ready to take on the role that day of Mrs. International.

Always remember why you are competing and be true to yourself.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts