Dream Dinner Table


I love having dinner parties! Whether it is at my home, my friends’ houses or at a restaurant, being able to laugh and talk over good food is a great way to build more memories! I was reading an article online, and the author asked “Who would you invite to your dream dinner table?” This question got me thinking about who I would invite to mine. The list was actually pretty long, but here are a few that would be at the top of the list!

1. My Grandmother - Beulah Edwards: My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease when I was a very little girl. So all of my memories of her are of a person who did not even know I was her granddaughter. On the bright side, my grandmother was the inspiration to why I wanted to advocate for mental health. However, I do not have the same experiences of my grandmother that my older cousins have. So I would have her at my dream dinner table to be able to talk to the fun & loving person I have heard so many stories about!

2. The Current President: Regardless of political party, I would enjoy eating dinner with the President of the United States. The way I see it, the job of president is one of the most difficult jobs. Not only are you the head of a country, but you also have to deal with the constant feedback of those who disagree with you or think they could do your job better. I would love to be able to talk to the President about how it can all be managed, given the pressure, and what new policies there are to make mental health more important in our country.

3. My Future Husband & Kids: At the stage of life I am in now, it is exciting to think about who God will ultimately have me with in order start a family. To be able to have a dream dinner with my future family would be a wonderful sense of encouragement for me to know that one day I will be a wife and mommy!

4. Farabe’ Algor: Because she made me write that! But in all seriousness, I would love to have my International pageant sisters - both my sister queens and the titleholders I was able to share competition week with - at my dream dinner table! I have been so inspired with the amount of passion and dedication that I see these amazing young ladies giving to making a difference around the world!

So, who would you have at your dream table?!

Continuing to break the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts