Hollins University

I recently took a trip to Washington D.C. as well as a whirlwind trip of Virginia over spring break. During the last two days of my vacation I stayed with the fabulous International Pageant director, Mary Richardson. We had a great visit and talked about everything under the sun!

 For those of you who do not know, Miss Teen International wins a full scholarship to Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia. During our stay we took a tour of Hollins so I could really get a feel for what the school is all about and what major would be best suited for me to succeed in my dream career path. The school was founded in 1842 and the historic buildings on campus are absolutely beautiful not to mention the incredible view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

 Mr. Jason Hamilton, VP for Enrollment and Marketing and me.

Ms. Nikki Williams, Senior Director of Enrollment Management and me.

My amazing tour guide, Emili McPhail and me.

I did an interview with the local FOX news affiliate in front of the oldest building on Campus. I learned several of the School’s traditions, all of which made me want to be a part of student life at Hollins! Hollins gives students opportunities to study abroad, participate in internships, and to express their creativity through art, writing and theater. One of the coolest things at Hollins is their horse riding program. I am a horse lover and absolutely fell in love with the thought of being able to continue my horse work at college. Another great thing about Hollins is that they let you make a difference. That is so important to me and ties in with my platform “Make your mark through community service.” More than a third of all students take part in community service projects thanks to student organizations such as SHARE; and one service-learning project has been sending students to Jamaica for over 25 years.



Sophia, the reporter covering my Hollins University Tour.

We learned that 97% of Hollins graduates either have a job or are in graduate school within a year of graduating. Hollins is far from home but it is definitely a possibility. Thank you Hollins for providing Miss Teen International with an incredible scholarship!

“Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts