Auction Basket

Hi ladies! Today, I thought we would talk about the silent auction basket you will be bringing with you to Florida. It will be used to raise money for the Jacksonville chapter of Go Red for Women. I was for whatever reason stressed about it because I had no idea how to make a silent auction basket. I didn’t know what to include or what was too little or too much. Should it be about the state I was representing or should it be about my platform? Lucky for me, our state colors and platform went hand in hand so I started there.

For me, I decided to go the route of a more platform related basket. It was an American theme, all things red, white and blue with the exception of a very special item. Some of the items I included were perfect for any sort of Red, White and Blue holiday like Memorial Day and Fourth of July. Patriotic things you could use to host a party at your house. I started gathering things I saw at different stores a few months in advance so I wasn’t rushing to complete it the week before I left for Florida.


Our friend, and former Army veteran himself, now works for the NHL team Miami Panthers and was kind enough to donate a signed jersey that the team wears on Military appreciation night. It was the perfect addition to my basket because it was a camouflage print and what better says military than that. The team was also in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year! Go Panthers!



Whatever route you choose to go with your basket, make sure to include your basket’s worth so they will know where to start the bidding price at. I also added a Mrs. Texas International autograph card for the winner.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts