Tagline

To the contestants competing for the title of Mrs., Miss, or Miss Teen International, I hope you all have started to get in the habit of blogging. Each of the new titleholders are required to blog two times a week throughout their reign. For those of you who haven’t started blogging, I suggest you create a blog page and start coming up with good blog ideas that you feel will promote your platform, community service, and the International Pageant system. Another important part of each blog is your signature tag line. It will describe who you are and what you want others to realize throughout your year. I did a lot of research when choosing mine because I wanted it to make an impact at the end of each blog. Not only did I want to choose an inspirational quote, but I wanted it to come from an inspirational person. So, after quite a bit of research, I had my heart set on Audrey Hepburn.




I am so inspired by Audrey. She was a classy, poised, and clever woman, surviving World War II as a child by eating tulip bulbs. Her slender figure was actually the result of being malnourished as a child. She was a dancer, singer, spoke five languages, and was a gifted actress. She is one of only fourteen people to ever win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award. Oh, and she was a fashion icon! I absolutely adore everything she wore on screen and off, but above all of that, I am most inspired by the fact that that she was an amazing humanitarian, retiring from her acting career to do relief work for UNICEF and advocate for children all over the world. I close each of my blogs with her quote, “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.” She was the ideal image of grace, charm, and dignity. I could go on and on about Audrey. I would have done anything to be able to meet her.




When picking out your tagline, make sure it is something that shows who you are and that has a great story behind it. Your signature tagline will follow you throughout your year! I have incorporated mine into speeches and even one on one conversations. Audrey Hepburn’s quote that I chose will not only be my tagline for my year as Miss Teen International, but forever as just plain Jules Fletcher.





“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible,” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts