Bullying

I have met so many amazing girls through entering the International Pageant system and I have been so blessed to get to know many of you. One thing that many pageant girls have in common and some have shared with me is that a lot of their peers don’t understand or support their pageant goals and some have even been bullied as a result of being in pageants. You may think, “Why? Why me? What did I do?” You may ask yourself, “What is wrong with me?” Well, I’m here to tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!



In most cases the person or people bullying you are just intimidated by your success and secretly wish they could achieve all that you have been able to. I have learned along the way that being confident in myself, my values and what I stand for makes me my own unique person. I don’t expect everyone to like me, however, I know that when I surround myself with people I share common interests with and who I can learn from like each of you, I am a better person. I have worked so hard becoming who I am and on what mark I want to make on this world. If you are bullied for being who you are, then be you even more. YOU are the one with the power, not the bully. We all want to be liked and accepted but the reality of life is that there will always be those who feel the need to pull someone down. It’s up to us to fix the cycle by looking more closely at ourselves, realizing our self-worth and our positive impact in this world.



Some people think pageantry is kind of this cliché thing and we're all pageant girls, but the life-skills, and interviews, and confidence, all of those things I've gained from pageantry and I know they're going to help me as I move forward in my life. Whether you like to sing, dance, draw, write, or volunteer like me, focus on YOUR happiness. Don’t give your bully one more second of power. Sooner, rather than later, I promise you will realize that the hateful words that once hurt you so deeply have become the very words that will motivate you to carry on just as you are. Now, put on your crown and rock the world!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible.” -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts