Feed More Food Bank

To finish off my visit to Richmond I packed food at Feed More Food Bank from 1:00p.m.-4:00p.m. My parents and I made an assembly line making “small bags” for after school programs. “Bag, milk, apple sauce… bag, milk, apple sauce… bag, milk, apple sauce...” I’d pass each bag to my mom who would put bread and butter into the bag, and remove excess air, my dad would then twist the bag and seal it.

Me and Heather Harold, Community Kitchen Volunteer Coordinator




I was absolutely amazed at the fact that Feed More serves nearly 51,000 meals each day. They serve 31 counties and 5 cities in the Central Virginia Area through their Food Bank, Community Kitchen, and Meals on Wheels Programs. We only volunteered for a short time, but in that period of time I could see the passion and care the employees have for the food they prepare and serve to people in need.


Feed More only has a staff of ten. For a company that feeds so many people, ten people could never do it alone, so volunteers are very important in the process of their non-profit. Please consider helping them out whenever you have a chance! Your help is greatly needed and highly appreciated at Feed More!

Thanks for everything Heather, Ms. Angelique, Ms. Debbie, and Mrs. Pam! I loved being a part of your organization.

“Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts