Waiting in Silence


Since 2005, one of my favorite songs is written by artist Joy Williams. The song is entitled “Silence” and it talks about how to remain hopeful when you don’t hear God clearly in your life. At the time, I was a Senior in high school, and waiting to hear back from colleges to see where I would be accepted. That time in my life was stressful and full of anxiety as I wanted to get into my top choice (Baylor!), but I also wanted to have choices, and then I wanted to make sure I made the right choice about where I would invest the next part of my education. Every day I would wake up thinking God would give me answers like he gave Moses a burning bush. However, every day I would wake up and hear absolutely nothing. I was frustrated and confused as I always heard God clearly through the guidance of my parents. This was the first time where God was not going through my parents, but trying to get me to step out in faith on my own two feet. I listened to this song every day until I got the answer from God.


Since that time, there have been many moments where I was not hearing God clearly or not hearing Him on the time table I wanted. I listen to this song every time as a reminder to remain faithful and hopeful through those times when I am waiting for God. I write this as encouragement for those who may be waiting on God for something in your life. Although you may not be getting the answer that you want or in the time frame that you wanted it in, does not mean that God is not in the midst. I have learned that God's timing is ALWAYS best!

I've attached a link to the song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

http://youtu.be/bcOguJ_L9bE

Continuing to break the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts