Learning To Relax


As Miss International, an entrepreneur, nonprofit founder, spokesmodel, YouTube personality, and fiance… my days stay pretty busy. My mornings start around 6:00am and I am lucky to be asleep by midnight. I love what I get to do and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It has been a crazy beautiful ride and it still doesn’t feel real sometimes.

My closest friends and family would tell you that I am a workaholic. I could work all day - every day and be 100% happy with life. I’ve always been like that. I was never afraid of hard work and I knew that with enough tenacity and passion… my dreams would come to fruition. It has helped me reach milestones I only dreamed of, but it can also be my pitfall. Sometimes… I work too much and run out of fuel. It doesn’t happen often, and it’s hard to admit. I like to think I’m super woman… but you know… not quite there yet!

Throughout this year, I’ve had to learn the importance of relaxing. Life stays busy, but to make sure everyone gets the best version of Amanda… I have to do it. Coffee, bubble baths, the Bachelorette (I know, I know… it’s my guilty pleasure), and long walks with my puppy always seem to do the trick. They allow me to unplug from my phone and work and just be in the moment. It’s dorky, but I schedule out my relaxation time on my calendar. If it’s not on the calendar, it doesn’t happen… so I have to be intentional about my time.

Take even 30 minutes out of the day to relax and focus on yourself. Take a nice long bubble bath, unplug, and stop thinking about your mile long to-do list. We have to do our best and let God do the rest. When you relax, you’re removing your hands from the wheel and relaxing entirely on God. Once you win, it’s a crazy ride and the relaxation time will be significantly smaller. If you learn how to schedule it now, you are helping yourself become a better Miss International!

Are you a workaholic like me? Or maybe a busy mom who takes care of everyone else before herself? Today I encourage you to intentionally relax. Use the time you have relaxing to do something you love, unplug, and not think about anything. Enjoy those treasured quiet moments! I’m all about working hard, but by learning to relax… we learn how to take one step closer to being the best version of ourself.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts