3 Items You Didn’t Know You Needed for Internationals


Internationals 2017 is almost here and many of us have already started to pack and plan! Last year, I started packing June 1st! It allowed me to take look at all my items and make sure I had anything I could possibly need. Through that process, I started packing items that I wasn’t sure I would need… but knew would be good to have on hand! Thank goodness i did because some of those “small” items ended up making a big difference during the week.

Let’s take a look at 3 items you didn’t know you needed for Internationals…

*Sewing Kit

I think I was about 18 when I realized that my mom is always right. At 24, not much has changed. She always suggests taking a small sewing kit wherever you go. Sure enough - when it came to Internationals… Mom was right. The sewing kit was used to sew a button back on, pin up one of my outfits, and keep my banner on during appearances. It was also extremely relaxing knowing that no matter what happened with my outfits, I could fix or adjust it.

*Blotting Powder/Paper

Last year, our pageant was held in Florida. In case you’ve never been to Florida in July… let me just tell you this… it’s very hot. You are also being photographed by the fabulous Paula Preston Photography all week and judges see your photos. You want to look the part of an International Queen at every moment, and it’s hard to do that when you are shiny. I highly suggest packing blotting powder or blotting sheets in your purse or crown box. A small mirror will also allow you to see what is going on and ensure that you absorb anything that could hinder the perfect photo!

*Ear Plugs

Can we be real for a moment? Finals night is very stressful. One of the most nerve wrecking parts is on-stage question. This score is extremely important and it really separates the girls from the women. I highly suggest buying a pair of ear plugs to use right before on-stage question. You don’t want to hear the person before or after, you have to just focus on yourself. Ear plugs allow you to do that! A team member can hold them for you right before you go on stage and you’ll be ready on the task at hand!

These items made a big difference for me last year and I know they can do the same for you!

See you all soon!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts