The First 24 Hours


I absolutely loved my interview at Internationals 2016. I left the judges room feeling confident that they knew who I was and why I was there. This wasn’t just a “pageant interview” it was a job interview. Although no interview is perfect, I felt good.

Three judges in, I see the fabulous Randall Reid-Smith. He’s the Commissioner for West Virginia and a true ball of energy. When I got to his table, he was standing and greeted me with a smile and handshake. One of the last questions he asked me will forever be engrained in my mind and I believe it showed how seriously I took the job.

At the end of my interview, he asked… “Let’s say Saturday night… you’re crowned. Your job starts Sunday morning… what do you do?” I responded with something along the lines of this…

“Oh my gosh - ahh! I love the sound of that! Technically, though, my job starts Saturday night as soon as the crown is placed on my head. One of my first jobs will be inspiring others and representing my fellow contestants at the Coronation Ball. I intended to film the first 24 hours to give a behind the scenes of what it’s really like. I only have 365 days to make a difference as Miss International and I don’t take that opportunity lightly.”

Randall responded with a slap on the table and “YES!”

Needless to say, I felt good after that interview.

Have you thought about what your first 24 hours will look like? Have you thought about the message you want to share at the Coronation Ball and how you will gracefully handle being selected as the representative amongst a group of winners?

If you want to be Miss International 2017, you have to start thinking like her… talking like her… planning like her… embodying her. You have to have a plan walking into interview. If you aren’t even convinced that you’d be the best Miss International… how are you going to convince the judges?

After leaving the Coronation Ball, I went to my room and soaked my feet in hot water while going over talking points for my television interview the next morning. My parents and I picked my wardrobe and then I quickly jumped into bed for a quick 3 hours of sleep. The next morning I was off to the news station which was followed by my first meeting with all of our International Staff. We spoke about expectations, the contract, social media, and how to make the most of my time as Miss International.

What will your first 24 hours look like? Start envisioning it. Dream intentionally and make it happen!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts