An Open Letter to Amy Gregorio - Mrs. International 2013

While Haley and I get to share our entire week in Jacksonville together to celebrate our year, unfortunately, we will not have that opportunity with our Mrs. International. I want to make sure Amy knows how much she has impacted my life.

Dear Amy,

Timing is a curious thing but I can’t help but wonder that it wasn’t meant to be that you and I were crowned together in 2013. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure that if we had never met, both of us would have gone on to live fulfilled, happy, wonderful lives. But I’m sure as heck glad that I have you as a part of my future.

You are a woman with conviction, authenticity, and one of the greatest laughs I have ever heard. Thank you for being the most incredible sister queen I could have asked for this year. There is just something about you that shines from the inside out, and when I saw you on stage that night I couldn’t ignore it – clearly, neither could those judges.

I’m so touched by your dedication to all aspects of your life – especially CASA. Your generosity is unwavering. You are an incredible wife, mother, advocate, and friend to all you meet (and you make it look easy!). Thank you for providing that source of inspiration to me. Thank you for being a pillar of strength and a source of joy when I needed either. I know that in you I have a found a lifelong friend. (And when I need ideas for the Elf on the Shelf – you will be the first person I call!)

So as we look to say goodbye to 2013 and all the blessings that it has given us, towards the very top of my list is all the time we spent together. I am fortunate for so many opportunities to share memories and laughs with you. While this is where our paths officially diverge, I know the bond we have formed will hold true in the years to come.

I am so grateful that you choose every day to show the world your true self, and that I am lucky enough to know you.


With Love,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts