Where Volunteerism Begins

Now that all of our titleholders have been announced I would be remiss if I didn’t invite you all to sign up for my favorite resource for volunteerism and service (the LARGEST online resource for volunteers, actually) VolunteerMatch.

When I speak with students I show them how easy this tool actually is. In its simplest form, it generates personalized volunteer opportunities based on location, cause, date, and target market. It speaks directly to both the digital age and stratifies our craving for instant gratification.

Once you have created your personal profile, it sends weekly emails with opportunities that fit your interests. This way, even if you don’t remember to check the site or are busy with work or school, it is still able to be that friendly reminder – “I know you are busy, but here’s how you can give back!”

As a titeholder, it is one of the first things I check to find service events in my area or any area I happen to be traveling to. Bookmark it, check often, and share it with your non-profits if they are looking for new ways to recruit and retain volunteers.

I am happy to answer any questions you have regarding the sign up process, and navigating the site in general. www.volunteermatch.org

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts