Appearance Highlights

As we are a week…. 1 WEEK …. From arriving in Jacksonville to crown our new Miss Teen, Miss, and Mrs. International titleholders, I find myself constantly reflecting on the year I’ve had, the places I’ve been, and the people I’ve met. So I’ve narrowed down to some notable appearances that were highlights throughout my year.

NASCAR (June 2014) – Janet Bolin, Mrs. International 2011, generously connected me with her colleagues in order to allow me to be a special guest at the Pocono 400 NASCAR race in Pennsylvania. Getting a behind the scenes look at race day and shaking hands with some of my favorite drivers was an experience I’ll never forget.

Syracuse Vs. Duke (February 2014) – It was a record-breaking day at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. The first match up of these college basketball powerhouses being in the same conference and the largest crowd of any regular season NCAA basketball game. It was awesome to be in that environment and meet and greet in the family fun area!

NYFW (September 2013) – While at a New York Fashion Week show speaking on behalf of United Hands of Hope House, and organization working to eradicate human trafficking, I was invited by the show producer to walk in the show along with the rest of the models. . Despite trying to explain that I am simply 5’4” (and 3 quarters), I rocked my couture outfits on the runway and will never forget it!

Jacksonville (January 2014) – My first trip to Jacksonville was full of excitement. Since I was joined by Mrs. International 2013, Amy Gregorio, there was lots of fun to be had. Exploring the Landing, media touring Jacksonville on behalf of the AHA, and attending the first annual Men Go Red – Heart Ride, it was a fabulous introduction to the city that is the new home of our pageant system!

Project Sunshine (October 2013) – Project Sunshine hosts events for children with various medical conditions. I loved helping out at the Halloween Carnival in Harlem, decorating crowns and fairy wings, making healthy “boo-nanas”, and hanging with Cookie Monster!

Disney (February 2014) – Being in the land where dreams come true and seeing bright little faces look up to me was so touching. No, I am not one of the princesses that they have come to know, admire, and sing along with… But I think that was even better. They looked to me as a real person and I hope I inspired them, too!

Special Olympics (March 2014) – I am always very vocal about my love for the Special Olympics. These athletes make my heart so full. As I cheered them on and awarded them their medals at the aquatics finals this year, I have never been so happy to receive wet hug after wet hug. The real red letter moments though were seeing the faces light up when they learned that I had remembered their names from last year!

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts